Disney’s ‘The Fox and the Hound’ 30th Anniversary Edition to be Released in August
On August 9, Walt Disney Home Entertainment will release Disney’s The Fox and the Hound and the direct-to-video sequel, The Fox and the Hound 2, as a two-movie collectors edition to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classic film.
The two-disc set will include standard DVD’s of the original film and the sequel, while the exclusive 3-disc Blu-ray edition will offer a standard DVD copy of the original film, a DVD copy of the sequel and a third disc that will include both films.
There will also be plenty of special features included with the 30th anniversary edition, including:
- Unlikely Friends, a special montage of unlikely friendships in the animal kingdom (Blu-ray only.)
- Passing the Baton, The Making of The Fox and the Hound, which will chronicle the creation of the film as well as a special look inside Disney history.
- “Best of Friends” Sing-A-Long, so kids can sing along to the classic song from the original film.
- “You Know I Will” music video featuring High School Musical star Lucas Grabeel
- The Making Of The Music, which will take viewers through the process of the music creation for The Fox and the Hound 2
Pre-orders for the collection are already being taken on Amazon.com. The 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo will retail for $39.99, while the 2-disc DVD collection will cost $29.99.