Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ Returns to Theaters with an Interactive Event for the Whole Family
This event, Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid, starts September 20 and marks the debut of Disney Second Screen Live, a new second-screen technology that allows audiences to engage with the film, each other, and other audience members.
Fans attending the Second Screen event for The Little Mermaid need to download the free Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid App to an iPad or or iPad mini and bring the device to participating theaters. During the movie, families can interact with the film, play games, find hidden treasure, sing along, and compete with the audience for the chance to win prizes.
The Second Screen Live event begins September 20 at the following theaters:
- City Center 15: Cinema de Lux; White Plains, NY
- Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas; Farmingdale, NY
- Arclight Beach Cities; El Segundo, CA
- Arclight Sherman Oaks; Sherman Oaks, CA
- Muvico Thousand Oaks 14; Thousand Oaks, CA
- AMC Empire 25; New York, NY
- AMC Garden State 16; Paramus, NJ
- AMC Burbank 16; Burbank, CA
- AMC Downtown Disney 12; Anaheim, CA
- AMC Bay Street 16; Emeryville, CA
- AMC Town Center 20; Leawood, KS
- Century Huntington Beach and XD; Huntington Beach, CA
- Cinemark West Plano and XD; West Plano, TX
- Carmike Wynnsong 16; Knoxville, TN
- Carmike 15; Columbus, GA
There is also a special showing at the El Captain theater in Los Angeles on Sundays and Thursdays from September 15 through October 13. Tickets are available for purchase online or at the box office of participating theaters.
On October 1, fans of The Little Mermaid can bring the film home on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, Digital Copy and High Definition Digital formats.