runDisney Updates Rules for Costumes in Events
runDisney has announced an update to the rules and safety guidelines for all of its races. The changes come on the tail of safety and security updates at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
As of January 6, 2016 runners under the age of 13 participating in runDisney events may wear costumes with masks provided the mask doesn’t cover the entire face.
Runners over the age of 14 have some new rules to follow including:
- No masks of any kind
- Layered costumes that can conceal prohibited items are not permitted (think: Jedi robes)
- Props that surround the entire body are not permitted
- Costumes cannot reach or drag on the ground (no full-length princess dresses)
- Capes are permitted as long as they don’t go below the waist
- Plastic lightsabers and toy swords are permitted
Costumes also cannot contain any fake weapon that might be mistaken for a real weapon.
It should also be noted that guests over the age of 14 cannot wear their race costumes into the theme parks AFTER the race is over as costumes are now prohibited.
For the full list of updated rules and guidelines for runDisney events go here.