Brand New Attractions Coming to Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival
Last week, we gave you a sneak peak at the brand new topiary displays that will be featured next year at Epcot’s 18th Annual Flower and Garden Festival. The annual event, which showcases the amazing talents of the Disney horticultural staff, also providing lots of great ideas for aspiring gardeners.
This week, we thought we’d show you what new attractions that event organizers have in store this time to delight and surprise guests!
- An expansion to the perennial favorite, Bambi’s Butterfly House: This will be the first expansion to the popular attraction, which first debuted at the Flower and Garden Festival in 2005. Located adjacent to Innoventions West, Bambi’s Butterfly House features thousands of the beautiful insects, as well as beautiful plants and flowers that help them to thrive.
- The Healthy Living Garden, sponsored by Syngenta, debuts at the Festival in 2011. The new exhibit features fun activities that focus on healthy eating and fitness, as well as relaxation and meditation. An adjacent children’s play area will let kids burn off some energy while Mom and Dad learn ways to enhance the whole family’s health.
- The Festival Center Stage will feature nationally recognized gardening authorities twice daily.
- Rapunzel and her tower will enchant visitors young and young at heart in the Tangled Magical Garden, located between the Germany and Italy pavilions of World Showcase.
- New “Flower Power” acts join the popular concert series, which takes place every evening at the America Gardens Theatre, including Melissa Manchester, Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr., and Juice Newton.
- A Festival Special Weekend will take place in June to celebrate the release of the upcoming Disney Pixar film, “Cars 2.”
Epcot’s 18th Annual Flower & Festival will take place this spring, March 2 through May 15.
Photo copyright Disney.