Disney Junior’s ‘Doc McStuffins’ Inspires Multi-City Healthy Living Tour Featuring the Doc Mobile
Coming soon to a town near you – the Doc Mobile. This 27-foot Airstream trailer was custom-made to reach out to young kids and families and provide them with empowering experiences about health and nutrition.
The Doc Mobile is embarking on a multi-city tour that starts in Boston this weekend. The health initiative “So Much You Can Do…to Take Care of You!” is inspired by everyone’s favorite doctor, Disney Junior’s own Doc McStuffins.
When kids visit the Doc Mobile with their families they’ll have a chance to perform a “checkup” on their own toys and participate in age-appropriate health and wellness lessons that include nutrition, physical development, and fitness.
Doc McStuffins will be on hand to greet her fans at select stops on the tour. Kids and parents will also have a chance to meet real-life doctors from the Artemis Medical Society, an organization of more than 2,500 female African-American doctors who formed their organization after seeing a reflection of themselves in Doc McStuffins. The group aims to mentor and inspire young girls and create a diverse physician workforce.
The Doc Mobile will be visiting the following cities. All events are 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- August 18: Boston – Franklin Park Zoo
- August 21: New York City – Times Square Disney Store, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- August 25: Chicago – Navy Pier Gateway Park
- August 31 and September 1: San Antonio – Festival PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL – Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- September 6: Dallas/Fort Worth – Fort Worth Museum of Science
- September 10: New Orleans – Audubon Zoo
- September 14: Atlanta – Centennial Olympic Park
- September 17: Washington, D.C. – Location TBD
- September 26: Los Angeles – The Grove
- September 28: Phoenix – Arizona Coalition For Tomorrow Kids Health Fair – Salvation Army Community Center, 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Doc McStuffins: The Doc Mobile game and other digital activities debuts on DisneyJunior.com/Doc on August 30. A preview of the season two premiere “Doc McStuffins Goes Mobile/Chip Off the Ol’ Box” can be seen via WATCHDisneyJunior.com, the app for smartphones and tablets. The episode will be available for download on iTunes, Amazon, and Xbox starting September 7.
Season two of Doc McStuffins premieres Friday, September 6 on Disney Channel at 10 a.m. ET, and Disney Junior at 4 p.m. ET. Guest voice stars for season two include: Geena Davis (A League of Their Own), Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), Tony Hale (Arrested Development), Molly Shannon (Saturday Night Live), Tony Award-winning actress Sutton Foster (Anything Goes), Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy) and Peter MacNicol (Grey’s Anatomy).