Disney Store Announces New Stores, Expands to Twelve Countries in 2012
Exciting events are on the horizon for the Disney Store, as the familiar retailer looks to a bright new future while celebrating its twenty fifth anniversary in 2012.
At the National Retail Federation’s “Big Show,” held yesterday in New York City, Disney Store announce that its interactive store design, first introduced in 2010, will be in twelve countries by the end of 2012, as the retailer prepares to open its first Chinese store in Shanghai this fall.
“We take great pride in bringing the magic of Disney to families around the world through Disney Store destinations,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “As we reflect on 25 years of accomplishments, we also look forward to all of the new and exciting places Disney Store will go in the future and we’re excited to create ‘the best 30 minutes of a child’s day’ for the next generation.”
Disney will also continue to remodel some current store locations to fit the new store model, and will be relocating others to enhance its new design aesthetic. Remodels and relocations for the US stores in 2012 include the following:
- The first Disney Store, opened in 1987 at Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California, will be relocated to a new location within the mall, and will open with the new design ready to deliver an authentic Disney experience for fans of all ages.
- Disney Store in the beautiful Ala Moana Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, will relocate to a new location and open the first Disney Store in the state to feature the new interactive design.
- From spring 2012 through fall, Disney Store will remodel and relocate several locations to feature its new design aesthetic. These include stores in the following locations: Tyson’s Corner Center in McLean, Virginia; Christiana Mall in Newark, Delaware; South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California; Queens Center in Elmhurst, New York; West Field Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, California; and Westfield Valencia Town Center in Valencia, California.
Disney also plans several new North America locations to be opened in 2012:
- Park Meadows Mall in Lone Tree will receive the first newly designed store in Colorado.
- City Creek Center in Salt Lake City will get the first newly-design Disney Store in the state of Utah.
- Disney Store will also open its second newly-designed store in Orlando, Florida at the Mall at Millenia (following the closure of one of its original stores in Seminole Town Center, located in Sanford.)
- Scarborough Town Centre in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada will open a new Disney Store in the summer of 2012.
- Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury, Connecticut will open the first newly-designed store in Connecticut in summer 2012.
Abroad, Disney Store has recently opened and will be opening stores in the following locations:
- Disney Store in Sendai, Japan was visited by thousands of excited guests when doors opened in December 2011
- Milan, Italy will open a newly designed Disney Store location on Corso Vittorio Emanule II in February of 2012
- Shanghai, China will open its first ever Disney Store in fall of 2012
To stay up to date with the latest Disney Store news, be sure to become a fan on Facebook (facebook.com/DisneyStore) and follow them on Twitter (twitter.com/DisneyStore.)