Disney World’s Epcot Food & Wine Festival By the Numbers
Only a month and a few days until the Epcot Food & Wine Festival launches it’s 15th year in Disney World! The event is a panoply of celebrity chefs, famous vintners, experts on everything food and beverage, and more. This year, the Festival celebrates 15 Years of Delicious Discoveries from October 1-November 14, 2010.
Guests can take part in hundreds of culinary and beverage seminars and demonstrations, celebrity chef dinners, food-related evening events, dessert parties, and more. Returning to the festival this year are the extremely popular World Showcase promenade booths, which showcase foods from around the world.
The festival is the largest food and wine event of its kind in the world, and here are just a few of the specific details that go into a massive festival like this one:
· More than 300 national and international wines
· 45 fabulous days long
· More than 75 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $3-$8
· More than 270 chefs including America’s most celebrated culinarians and Walt Disney World chefs
· 405 wine and beer seminars
· More than 1,200 fireworks rockets exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in“IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” grand finale to the festival
· 135 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
· 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
· 690,000 sumptuous samplings
· 338,000 wine glasses
· 100,000 desserts including freshly baked waffles with berry compote and whipped cream (Belgium marketplace), pear streusel pudding cake (Desserts & Champagne marketplace) and chocolate cannoli (Italy marketplace)
· 3,000 gallons of soup, including best-selling cheddar cheese soup (Canada marketplace), chicken soup with rice (Puerto Rico marketplace) and bison chili with wild mushrooms (United States marketplace)
Click here for more information about the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.