Electrician Dies While Working at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World
Steven Snyder, 50, a journeyman electrician employed by the Buena Vista Construction Co. was working at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World on Friday when he was fatally electrocuted. The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that co-workers and on-lookers tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate him & he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at Celebration Hospital.
“He was an electrician for more than 30 years and the best one there was,” said his wife, Tammy Snyder. “He was always safe, he was never careless.” (The Orlando Sentinel)
911 recordings capture the dispatcher assisting those on the scene to perform CPR and, later, an AED, or automated external defibrillator. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Osceola County sheriff’s detectives are investigating.
“Today, we are grieving with his family, friends and co-workers and extend our deepest sympathies to them,” Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger said. “We are reaching out to his family to offer our support during this difficult time.” (The Orlando Sentinel)