Family Fun Weekend at Disneyland, January 14 Through March 6
Now through March 6, the California parks are sponsoring a different theme each and every weekend! Families can take part in the themed events, which include music, dancing – and even special food to mark the occasion. And that’s not all. Your favorite characters will get into the spirit of the celebration with special attire.
The festivals take place each weekend day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Events for the first five celebrations will be held at Festival Arena, while the final three will take place at New Orleans Square.
So grab your chaps – or your beads, or maracas – and head to Disneyland for some extra special fun over the next several weeks. Here’s a full schedule of what you’ll find each weekend.
- Fiesta Disneyland, January 14-16: Celebrate Hispanic culture all weekend long, with a special appearance by the Mariachi Divas.
- Disney’s Kickin’ Country Weekend, January 21-23: Kick up your boots with Cowboy Mickey and Cowgirl Minnie and celebrate with a hoedown, Disney-style!
- Character Fan Days, January 28-30: Meet and greet some of your favorite, rarely-seen characters during this special weekend. Characters featured will be the ones that guests most like to meet, according to a recent Character Facebook poll! (Look for the results announcement later this week.)
- Lunar New Year Festival, February 4-6 and 11-13: Celebrate this time for special traditions in Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures, which marks the time of year that the sun and moon begin their new year cycle.
- Mardi Gras, February 18-20, 25-27, and March 4-6: Fat Tuesday is welcomed in style all throughout New Orleans Square! Jazz music, Cajun food, and Princess Tiana await guests as they celebrate this special time of the year. Have your picture snapped with the Princess, or just stroll around and partake of the excitement.
Family Fun Weekends hold something for everyone. So make plans to join in the fun – and be sure to come back and let us know all about it!