“Limited Time Magic” Coming to Disney Parks Next Year
Disney Parks has 52 weeks of “Limited Time Magic” coming to the theme parks next year. These magical surprises will appear for a certain amount of time, and then disappear when the next experience debuts.
To kick off the celebrations, Mickey Mouse and pals unveiled a giant ice castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. Due to the warm weather, this castle will only be available for viewing for a limited time. However, the real celebrations don’t begin until January 2013. Here are the special experiences in store for you at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort next year:
- True Love – Valentine’s Week is sure to be a special treat for couples eager to celebrate their romance. During the week, you’ll be able to meet and greet Disney Princes and their Princesses, enjoy prix fixe menus at select restaurants and purchase Valentine’s collectibles to take home.
- Independence Week - Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July fireworks party. Mickey Mouse will appear in his patriotic best, and red, white and blue lighting will bathe the castles at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Additionally, USA t-shirts, ear hats and other limited edition souvenirs will be available for purchase.
- Long Lost Friends Week - The lesser known Disney characters will be the stars of this special experience. Disney guests will be able to vote online for the characters they’d like to see, which could include Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Clarabelle Cow, Flik, and Remy.
- Pirate Week - Both parks will transform into a pirate bonanza for one week, and guests will be able to experience the adventures of Jack Sparrow like never before. This festive week will include pirate meet-and-greets, pirate bands and lots more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands - The beloved quartet from Main Street, U.S.A. will tackle the tunes of popular boy bands like *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and One Direction.
- Unleash the Villains - Friday the 13th in 2013 will be a special day for Disney Parks – Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will stay open until 1 a.m. while Disney Villains like Jafar, Maleficent, Captain Hook and others host a dance party. Special souvenirs will also be available for purchase.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue - This popular former show will return to Frontierland for one month only, allowing guests to enjoy the jokes and songs that made this show so fun in its heyday.
Which event are you most excited about next year?