D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will be celebrating Epcot’s 30th anniversary, which falls on October 1, 2012. As part of the anniversary celebration, D23 will be presenting rare and never-bef0re-seen artwork, video footage, and photos of the evolution of the theme park, as well as special presentations to help celebrate the momentous occasion.
Some of the presentations include:
- Hooray for the 21st Century – A virtual presentation with Disney Legend and former Walt Disney Imagineering Principal Creative Executive Marty Sklar, where guests will be able to see and hear what it was like to work with Walt Disney on his vision for an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
- The Music of EPCOT Center – Epcot’s soundtrack has been a fan favorite for many years; this presentation will bring together Disney historians and songwriters in an exploration of the songs that helped set the background for this special theme park.
- “We Can Do It!” – Learn about the challenges that Disney legends and EPCOT Center creators faced when bringing this theme park to life in the 1970’s and 80’s.
Tickets for D23’s Epcot 30th Anniversary Celebration will be on sale beginning June 21 at 10 a.m. at D23.com. There are two ticket options available for D23 members. The World Passport General Admission Ticket will be priced at $65 and include
- Access to all presentations
- A commemorative gift
- Access to exclusive D23 merchandise
The World Key admission tickets are priced at $185 per guest, and includes all of the above PLUS:
- Reserved seating for all presentations
- A dessert reception at 8 p.m. inside a Future World lounge
- Meet-and-greet opportunity with Disney Legends
- Screenings of rare film footage from Epcot’s early days
For more information about the presentations and special events, please visit D23.com. The anniversary celebration will be held September 30, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.