If your holidays include a trip to Walt Disney World for the annual Candlelight Processional at Epcot, then you will be happy to know that Disney has shared a sneak peek of this year’s line up.
The much-loved event features a celebrity narrator retelling the Christmas story, accompanied by a huge choir and orchestra performing traditional Christmas carols. The performance is presented every evening at 5:00, 6:45, and 8:15, and runs from November 23 until December 30.
While cast members are already hard at work on preparations for this year’s processional, Disney has also announced that many of the narrators who were fan favorites from years past will be returning in 2012, including actor Neil Patrick Harris. A newcomer will also join the ranks, as Australian singer and actress Olivia Newton John steps to the mic at the American Gardens Theatre for the first time.
At this time, Disney has confirmed the following artists and dates:
- Nov. 23–25: Isabella Rossellini, film/TV star and wildlife conversationalist
- Nov. 26–29: Neil Patrick Harris, Emmy Award-winning actor, Broadway star, and TV host
- Nov. 30–Dec. 1: Whoopi Goldberg, television host, actress, and comedian
- Dec. 11–13: Jodi Benson, singer and actress
- Dec. 14–16: Olivia Newton John, singer and actress
- Dec. 20–22: Trace Adkins, award-winning country music artist
- Dec. 23–25: Gary Sinise, award-winning actor and musician
- Dec. 29–30: Marlee Matlin Academy Award-winning actress and TV star
Artists are subject to change, and the list will continue to be updated with additional narrators as they are confirmed. Stay tuned to DisZine as we bring you these updates.
Who is your favorite Candlelight Processional Narrator? Share a comment below with your experience.