Kouzzina by Cat Cora, located at Disney’s Boardwalk, was closed without explanation a few weeks ago, citing refurbishment as the reason. Puzzling, since the restaurant had only been opened for about a year. The Disney and dining communities were buzzing with the news while trying to figure out the mystery.
But, thanks to the Disney Food Blog, we now have a few answers, and it’s pretty exciting stuff.
There has been a refurbishment taking place over the last few weeks, and chief among the updates is a new Chef’s Table – to the great delight of foodies and fans. The “Coranation Room” has been added to the back of the service area, and features upscale decor. The popular hot spot will begin offering their chef’s experience on weekends soon.
Other changes to the eatery include:
- New, updated signage outside the restaurant;
- A new presence by the celebrity chef herself, via video clips that will loop on monitors in the lobby
- A new retail space, featuring Cora’s custom products
- A new olive oil tasting experience, during which guest have the opportunity to compare and contrast two different Greek olive oils
- The interior has been upgraded with opulent touches, including marble finishes, new window treatments, and new artwork
Cat Cora, of Food Network’s “Iron Chef,” opened Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Walt Disney World to great acclaim in 2009. The restaurant offers an upscale, Greek-inspired menu.