Walt Disney Studios Earns 17 Oscar Nominations
The Walt Disney Studios definitely has something to celebrate: the Oscar nominations were announced, and the company earned 17 nominations for their films!
Lincoln took the most nominations with 12 total, including a nomination for Best Picture. Additionally, Lincoln earned the distinction of being the most nominated film of the year. Other Disney films earned one nomination each, including Frankenweenie, Brave, Wreck-It Ralph, Paperman and The Avengers.
The 12 nominations for Lincoln include:
- Best Picture
- Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role – Daniel Day-Lewis
- Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role – Sally Field
- Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role – Tommy Lee Jones
- Directing – Steven Spielberg
- Adapted Screenplay – Tony Kushner
- Music (Original Score) – John Williams
- Cinematography – Janusz Kaminski
- Costume Design – Joanna Johnston
- Film Editing – Michael Kahn
- Production Design – Rick Carter, Jim Erickson
- Sound Mixing – Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom and Ronald Judkins
The cast and crew are beyond thrilled, and Director/Producer Steven Spielberg said:
We are absolutely thrilled and astonished with the 12 nominations. It is such a tribute to the work of those who joined us in this 12-year journey to bring LINCOLN to the screen. We humbly thank the Academy members who honored so many of us.
Tune in to the 85th Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24 on ABC to check out whether your Disney favorites win. For a complete list of nominations, visit Oscar.com.