The pro-social touring event part of Disney’s Summer of Service and is to introduce kids ages 2-7 to the value of doing good, caring for nature and animals, and helping others. The tour will also visit Washington, D.C., New York, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
“Through the power of our stories and characters, we can help the youngest of children imagine a better world and reflect on what they can do to help others within their own communities,” said Nancy Kanter, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide.
The tour will engage kids in positive acts that benefit others utilizing characters from Sofia the First and Jake and the Never Land Pirates. Each stop on the tour includes opportunities to create a storybook at the ‘First Books’ Jake and Sofia Storytelling Maze,” participate in the ‘ASPCA’s Sofia’s Animal Friends” activities, and learn environmental conservation lessons in the ‘National Wildlife Federation’s Jake’s Beach Treasures.”
Each event ends with a musical celebration hosted by Radio Disney featuring appearances from Jake and Sofia.
Tickets are required for the event, and are available free to the public at DisneyJunior.com/powerofdoinggood.
The tour dates are:
- July 17: Philadelphia at the Please Touch Museum from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- July 21: Washington, D.C. at The Yards Park from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- July 25: New York City at Riverbank State Park from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- July 30: Chicago (Joliet, IL) at Joliet Memorial Stadium from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- August 4: Houston (Sugar Land, TX) at Oyster Creek Park from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- August 11: San Francisco Bay Area (Hayward, CA) at Kennedy Park 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- August 15 (8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.) and August 16 (11 a.m. until 6 p.m.): Pasadena at Kidspace Children’s Museum
The tour is sponsored by Disney Junior, ASPCA, Youth Service America, National Wildlife Federation, and First Book.