A new season of American Idol is now underway, and its return has brought some new additions to The American Idol Experience in Walt Disney World. This week, Disney released a list of additional song choices that were recently added to the attraction, which is located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The American Idol Experience simulates the experience of performing on and watching American Idol in person, as talented guests take the stage to compete in shows throughout the day. The winner of each show during the day then gather in the evening to compete in the attraction’s finale show, in which one performer is officially declared that day’s winner. In addition to bragging rights, winners also get the special prize of a Dream Ticket, which takes them to the front of the line at a future audition for the real American Idol show. Last season, five out of the Top 13 singers on the show were Dream Ticket recipients, making The American Idol Experience a great first step in any Idol hopeful’s journey to stardom.
To audition for The American Idol Experience, guests choose from an official list of songs to sing for the judges and later perform on the show. Recently, Disney decided to add some new songs to its list, many of which are songs that guests have requested in the past while auditioning for the attraction. With these new additions, performers now have 158 different songs to choose from when auditioning. Here are the new additions:
- “American Honey” by Lady Antebellum
- “Animal” by Neon Trees
- “Cowboy Casanova” by Carrie Underwood
- “Dark Side” by Kelly Clarkson
- “Give Your Heart a Break” by Demi Lovato
- “Home” by Phillip Phillips
- “One Thing” by One Direction
- “Part of Me” by Katy Perry
- “Please Remember Me” by Tim McGraw, covered by Scotty McCreery
- “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele
- “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
- “The One That Got Away” by Katy Perry
- “Turn on the Radio” by Reba McEntire
- “Undo It” by Carrie Underwood
Have you ever auditioned for The American Idol Experience? Which one of these songs would you choose to sing? Leave a comment and let us know.