Schedule Released for Disney Parks and Imagineering Panels at D23 Expo
With the D23 Expo just three weeks away, details and scheduling for what’s in store at the event is coming out more quickly than ever. While plans detailing what Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will be bringing to the Expo were previously announced a few weeks ago, this week brought the announcement of the special Disney Parks and Imagineering panels that Expo visitors will be able to attend. These panels, hosted in addition to the keynote Disney Parks and Resorts Arena presentation with Tom Staggs on Friday, August 19, will give guests a more in-depth look at some recent and upcoming projects from Walt Disney Imagineering, as well as the chance to hear from some true Legends. The schedule for the special panels is as follows:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 19
- The Making of The Little Mermaid — Ariel’s Undersea Adventure (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, Stage 23) – Imagineers Lisa Girolami, Larry Nikolai, and Chris Crump take you behind the scenes.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 20
- A Good Look at Buena Vista Street (2:45 pm – 3:45 pm, Stage 28) – Sneak a peek at the new entrance to Disney California Adventure with Imagineers.
- Legends of Walt Disney Imagineering (4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Stage 28) – Disney Legend Marty Sklar will lead a celebration of Imagineering careers and accomplishments.
- Imagineering’s Guide to Creativity and Innovation (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Stage 28) – A panel of Imagineers discuss how they use storytelling and technology to make Disney magic.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 21
- Imagineering the Dream and the Fantasy (9:15 am – 10:00 am, Stage 23) – Imagineers Joe Lanzisero and Bob Zalk talk about the design of Disney’s latest cruise ships.
- Radiator Springs Reality (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm, Stage 23) – Pixar’s John Lasseter and Roger Gould join Imagineers for a sneak peek look at Cars Land.
- The Making of Star Tours — The Adventures Continue (3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Stage 23) – Find out how Imagineers updated the attraction, hosted by Imagineering’s Tom Fitzgerald.
Also of note to Disney Parks fans will be the event “More of the Wonderful World Of Vintage Disneyland and Walt Disney World,” which will be hosted by film preservationist Ed Hobelman and Imagineer Tony Baxter. The event, which will take place from 5:15-6:15 PM at Stage 23 on Sunday, August 21, will feature vintage footage from the two Resorts.
The D23 Expo will take place August 19-21, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center. To purchase tickets to the Expo, visit the event’s official website.