Gold-level D23 members and Disney fans will have the opportunity to go behind-the-scenes of the recent expansion of Disney California Adventure in this fall’s issue of Disney twenty-three magazine. The latest issue, which is set to debut on August 14, will feature exclusive interviews with Imagineers and breathtaking photographs that give an exclusive look at this major expansion project.
“Disney fans around the world are flocking to Disney California Adventure to experience the extraordinary transformation of the park,” said Steven Clark, head of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. “With the fall issue of the magazine, we decided to take D23 Members more deeply than ever into the making of 20 new attractions and shows that have been added to the park during the five-year expansion.”
In addition to the spotlight on the expansion, the issue will also contain a feature article on the hit ABC show Once Upon a Time, including a sneak peek at the show’s second season and an exploration of the show’s roots in Disney mythology. Readers can expect exclusive interviews with the show’s creators and stars, including Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin, who happens to be a D23 member herself.
Here are some of the other articles that fans can expect in this jam-packed issue:
- Unlock the doors of D23 Presents Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives and see some of the iconic pieces now on display at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum
- Get early details from director Tim Burton on his latest monster of a movie, Frankenweenie
- Pay tribute to groundbreaking author and futurist Ray Bradbury with a heartwarming remembrance by Disney Legend Marty Sklar
- Celebrate Disney Legend Alice Davis, who just received a window on Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A., next to her late husband, Marc, one of Walt’s Nine Old Men
- Get answers to “23 Questions” with Newsies star Bill Pullman
In addition to the magazine articles, D23 will be featuring exclusive articles that complement the magazine’s content online at www.D23.com for the first time. Beginning August 14, fans will be able to read the following articles on D23’s website:
- With exclusive artwork, Imagineer Kevin Rafferty reveals the initial plans and ideas for “Carland” — the car-themed land that was in development for Disney California Adventure before Cars Land
- Once Upon a Time showcases 23 “hidden” Disney references embedded in its first season
- Once Upon a Time stars Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Raphael Sbarge and Josh Dallas reveal their favorite Disney movies, characters, theme park attractions and memories
- Exclusive outtakes from Disney twenty-three’s interview with Frankenweenie director Tim Burton
Disney twenty-three magazine will be available at retail locations across the country, online at DisneyStore.com, and at select shops in Walt Disney World and Disneyland beginning August 14, where it will retail for $15.95. Gold-level D23 members will have the magazine delivered directly to them in August, along with a special members-only gift of a magnetic postcard celebrating the expansion of Disney California Adventure.
For more information about D23 and to become a member, visit www.D23.com.