D23 gold members and Avengers fans have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming Disney twenty-three Magazine summer edition. To celebrate the premiere of The Avengers, which debuts in theaters on May 4, the magazine will offer three different Avengers-themed collectible covers.
Fans will receive one of three different collectible covers featuring the stars of The Avengers on both the front and back covers. In addition, the magazine will feature a very special ten-page article on The Avengers, in which Disney Imagineer and author Jason Surrell will interview Avengers writer-director Joss Whedon, producer Kevin Feige, and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hiddleston and Clark Gregg about behind-the-scenes details of the films, the challenges of bringing so many famous heroes together in one film, and stories about filming the eagerly anticipated movie. Each D23 gold member will also receive one of seven collectible patches featuring the insignia of an Avengers superhero with their magazine.
However, that’s not all that readers have to look forward to in this issue, which will debut nationwide on May 1. Many other topics will be covered as well, including the following articles:
- A Brave New World: Readers will travel to Pixar Animation Studios and meet the team bringing to life the mystical world of ancient Scotland in Pixar’s 13th animated feature, Brave
- A World of Fantasy: Climb aboard the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet and explore what makes the Disney Fantasy unlike any other vessel to set sail.
- To Annette, With Love: An in-depth interview with Glen Holt, the devoted husband of everyone’s favorite Mouseketeer, Annette Funicello
- Bon Anniversaire, Disneyland Paris: As Disney’s only European theme park turns 20, Disney twenty-three looks back at its creation and ahead to its magical future
- The World Will Know and Written in the Stars: Two articles that take closer looks at Disney’s latest, critically acclaimed Broadway productions: Newsies and Peter and the Starcatcher.
- He Wrote the Songs: A touching remembrance of legendary Disney songwriter Robert B. Sherman
Other articles will include an interview with Newsies film director Kenny Ortega, a celebration of the Disney Store’s history to commemorate its 25th anniversary, photos from recent D23 events, and rarely seen photos from the Walt Disney Archives.
D23 gold members will receive their copy of this summer’s Disney twenty-three magazine in the mail in the coming weeks. For non-members, the magazine will be sold at retail locations across the country for $15.95, as well as at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and DisneyStore.com. For more information and to join D23, visit D23.com.